2023 Original Survey Results
Employer-based health insurance promises a blanket of comprehensive protection for the workforce. Yet, beneath this surface, many are grappling with hidden costs, confusion, and barriers that lead employees to defer care, ultimately impacting their overall well-being and job performance. Employees are left with essentially only catastrophic health benefit plans, and employers fail to derive value from this costly investment. A benefit that's supposed to attract and retain talent isn't fully serving its purpose. Dive into our 2023 survey to see the stark contrast between the promise and the reality of employer-based healthcare in Metro Texas.
Let's talk employer healthcare.
Broken Promises: High out-of-pocket costs, unclear policies, and limited plans push many Texans workers to compromise essential care.
Survey Scope: Over 1,600 adults from Austin, Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio participated.
Key Finding: Texans' health and job performance are on the line due to monetary constraints and unclear policies.
• 14% exited jobs because of subpar health benefits.
• 51% weighed health benefit packages heavily in their job choices.
• 59% are pinched by soaring deductibles.
• 67% dip into savings or accrue credit card debt for medical bills.
• 42% can't decipher their insurance coverage.
• 53% are in the dark about out-of-pocket costs, even for covered treatments.
• 57% bypassed preventive health checks in the last year.
• A striking 68% with High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) postponed care, overshadowing the 52% without HDHP.
• 71% took time off due to health setbacks.
• HDHP users notably reported more work disruptions tied to health concerns.
For a healthier Metro Texas and a more effective workforce, we advocate:
Genuine Affordability: Cutting out towering deductibles and hidden costs encouraging people to get care when they need it.
Increased Transparency and Simplicity: Dispelling confusion about coverage and expenditures.
Engagement in Preventive Care: Bolstering employees to prioritize their health, utilizing benefits without the looming threat of debt.
Dive into the comprehensive insights, detailed breakdowns, and our holistic roadmap to reshape employer-based healthcare in Texas.